The BG30 gas detector is an extremely versatile tool for commercial use to detect gas leaks in pipes and fittings. This gas detector is an absolute must for use in the home, on camping sites, on boats or simply everywhere where flammable gases are stored or in use.
Quick and easy detection of gas leaks
This gas detector is an absolute must for use in the home, on camping sites, on boots or simply everywhere where flammable gases are stored or in use. It’s always better to play it safe and check your camping gas capsules, liquid gas bottles or gas soldering irons regularly to see whether they are air-tight or not.
The BG30 is also a versatile measuring device for detecting gas leaks in piping or fittings.
An acoustic alarm sounds with increasing volume and frequency to signal the intensity and source of the leak. A headset can be worn to eliminate any interference from surrounding sources.
The lower explosion level (LEL) for the BG30 is only 10 % making it even more sensitive than the arithmetically designated alarm threshold as laid down in many norms and regulations. LEL stands for lower explosion level and defines the minimum gas concentration in the air in which an explosion can occur.
Benefits in practice:
- Gas warning meter and gas detector-in-one meter
- Optic and acoustic alarm
- Alarm frequency and volume in relation to gas concentration
- Individual calibration via infinitely adjustable sensitivity controls
- Easy one-handed operation
- Excellent value for money
- Semi-flexible, 40 cm long swan neck probe for hard-to-reach or otherwise inaccessible places
The BG30 is able to reliably detect natural gas, methane, ethane, propane, butane, acetone, alcohol, ammoniac, petrol, LPG, engine fuel, hydrogen sulphide, industrial solvents, paint thinners and other combustible gases.
Technical data of the BG30:
- Accuracy: 50 ppm
- Standard calibration: Methane
- Alarm threshold / Alarm level max.: 10 % UEG / 40 % UEG
- Warm-up time: approx. 60 seconds
- Reaction time: < 2 seconds (up to 40 % LEL)
- Functions: Optic and acoustic alarm (alarm frequency and volume in relation to gasconcentration), individual calibration via infinitely variable intensity controls, headphone jack
- Surrounding conditions of the operation: 0 to +50 °C, 10 to 90 % RH (non-condensing)
- Surrounding conditions of the storage: -30 to +60 °C
- Swan neck probe: Length approx. 40 cm
- Battery lifespan: approx. 8 hrs
- Dimensions: 221 x 72 x 24 mm
- Weight: 520 g
- Scope of supply : Meter, batteries, carry case, operating instructions